2 Sewing Challenge - Follow Your Heart


Use Sewing in the art. For this piece I pull out my sewing machine and get busy... But that isn't the only technique I use. A lot went into this 6 by 6 piece of art.

The heart was hand cut out of paper that I decorated with the Spray Background using Adirondack® Color Wash technique. I love using the Krylon Gold leaf pens. The shine is so pretty.

My cricut was put to use to cut out the postage frame that I coated with gesso and then painted with blue and green acrylic paint. Deciding that the frame needed a little more blue I got out my denim blue Adirondack color wash and sprayed it a little. Coated the frame with fine glitter and set it aside to dry.

Used a torn page from an old readers digest and painted a little of the paint that was still on my foam brush... Adhered this to background paper and put heart on top. then I realized that I wanted to stamp the swirl stamp so I just stamped on the edge.. Picked up a stripe piece of scrapbook paper and cut it to run across the bottom. Then took the piece to my sewing machine and did a zig zag stitch around the heart and across the bottom strip paper.

Stamped the words out on paper and then tore out, I used a gel pin to color around the words to help them pop. I inked the edges and layered with blue.

The art is mounted on mat board and on the back I cut chipboard slightly smaller and punch two holes and use hanging hardware and a brad to hang the piece.

Placed a purchased boarder across the bottom. Layered Prima flowers and placed a large rhinestone in the center.. Sanded the edges and ran a distressing ink pad around the edges. The butterfly is one of my handmade butterflies that I had premade and it just happened to be in a color that matched.

I hope you liked my take on the sewing challenge. It was fun to make.

Thanks for stopping by.

Linda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Challenge Eyelets - So Blessed Art